SubjectRe: [khttpd-users] khttpd vs tux
> Each GigE card will need its own 66MHz PCI bus. Each PCI bridge will need
> to be coming off a memory bus that can sustain all of these and the CPU
> at once.
>
> At that point it really doesnt look much like a PC.

How much raw speed do you think I can manage to get out of a really cool
n-way server from Compaq? I beleive we'll go for a Compaq server, as
that's what's been decided some time ago.

I read something by Linus about linux scalability, and I beleive he said
that 'linux [2.4] scales good up to 4 cpus, but not that good futher on
[to 8?]'. Can anyone fill in the holes here?

thanks

roy

---
Computers are like air conditioners.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:12    [W:0.119 / U:1.964 seconds]