SubjectRe: [khttpd-users] khttpd vs tux
> I don't mean an cluster of PC's, depending on the volume for the download
> exist some pretty "cache-pox" that mean no load balancing but the box can
> cache up to 1-4 GB ob data in the ram and the "web-server" there is
> running
> in hard wired asic's i think P5, Cisco and another Producer build it.
> Becasue in my opinion the traffic of up to 4gbit is not handable on an
> linux box (thinking on x86 achritekture)

hm...

how much do you think you can get out of a server with several 1Gb
ethernet cards, multiple 66MHz/64bit PCI busses, multiple SCSI busses or
perhaps some sort of SAN solution based on FibreChannel 2?

---
Computers are like air conditioners.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:18    [W:0.076 / U:0.116 seconds]