SubjectRe: IDE controller detection 2.4 +devfs
On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 17:17:59 -0700
Richard Gooch <rgooch@ras.ucalgary.ca> wrote:

> Rene Rebe writes:

[...]

> So what's the problem? It's a similar naming scheme as used for
> SCSI. It doesn't matter if you have something plugged into a bus, the
> host numbering doesn't change. This is a Feature[tm].

Aeh? I can not follow. I feel completely comfortable with the names (strings)
or subdirs, you use. My problem: I have 2 ide-controllers. I would like
to get them as host0 and host1. Boths with the sub-dirs bus0 and bus1.
Reading your answer I though you mean it is fixed due to the pci-id's - but
they do not match ...

And disabling one channel in the bios shouldn't move the controller
from host0 to host1 ... - I do not see the system-behind that ...

Btw. Thanks for DevFS it really ROCKs!! (Except that USBfs exists
and I can not maintain / controll it via the devfsd :-(()

> If you want to access your drives according to detection order, use
> /dev/discs instead.

Yes I know about this.

> Regards,
>
> Richard....
> Permanent: rgooch@atnf.csiro.au
> Current: rgooch@ras.ucalgary.ca

k33p h4ck1n6
René

--
René Rebe (Registered Linux user: #127875 <http://counter.li.org>)

eMail: rene.rebe@gmx.net
rene@rocklinux.org

Homepage: http://www.tfh-berlin.de/~s712059/index.html

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:1.010 / U:24.496 seconds]