SubjectRe: RFC: ethernet links should remember routes the same as addresses
On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 03:59:52PM -0500, Christopher Friesen wrote:
> Unfortunately, this seems to only list the routes in the main routing table, and
> these routes are recreated automatically when I bring the link back up.

Well, it is not that hard to extend it.

Just iterate over ip rule ls output too.

(left as an exercise for the reader)

> If the driver re-init is totally separate from the routing code, is there any
> real reason why shutting down the driver *should* remove all routes to that
> device? Maybe the simplest solution would be a new ioctl that would be a link
> *reset*...just down/up the link without affecting anything else....

If you just want to do a link reset you can use ethertool today with most
drivers. What is different is a full driver reset to work around software/
hardware bugs. That would need to be a new ioctl.

-Andi

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.067 / U:0.288 seconds]