    SubjectRe: Unresponiveness of 2.4.16 revisited
    > > > ok, I doubled checked things. It seems mounting an ext3 filesystem as
    > > > ext2 is somewhat a myth. If the kernel supports ext3 it still mounts it
    > > > as ext3 even if /etc/fstab says ext2.
    > >
    > > really on other partitions than root-fs ?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Oktay Akbal
    > I am not positive about mounting non-root filesystems. I would suspect
    > it is just a problem with root filesystems.

    Why do you think that fstab matters for root-fs ? root-fs needs to be
    mounted to read fstab. So autodetection must be done for root-fs.
    And if the fs has a journal it is ext3. If you do not want that behaviour
    you might use a option to lilo, but I don't know of any option to specify
    the root-fs-tyoe. Or you need to use an initrd to mount explicit as ext2
    and pivot-root it to / ?

    Oktay Akbal

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.054 / U:37.372 seconds]