    SubjectRe: Firewire hotplug
    Good day, Samuel,

    On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Samuel Maftoul wrote:

    > I have some Firewire disk at work, and need to integrate this to the
    > standart local distribution ( Some scientist come in the institute I'm
    > working in , do their experiences, and must retrieve about 50Gigs, fast
    > ,easly ... back to their home institute).
    >
    > I would like to know the actual Firewire, Hotplug ... status.
    >
    > Can someone help me with it ? Give me some pointers ?

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/linux1394
    Cheers,
    - Bill

    "'The Linux port resulted from a strong user demand', said John
    Lenyo, director of marketing at Model Technology. 'To gauge general
    demand, we mentioned it casually in our quarterly newsletter,' he said.
    'You would have thought we were giving away free money. About two days
    after that newsletter went out we were bombarded with requests from
    customers.'"