    > From: Andrew Morton <>
    > Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 17:04:02 -0800
    > Marcelo, if someone sends you a patch which has not been thoroughly
    > reviewed on the appropriate mailing list, I would urge you to
    > peremptorily shitcan it. There is no reason why you alone should
    > be responsible for reviewing kernel changes.
    > Are you suggesting that, for example, I should send every Sparc change
    > to this list?

    appropriate != this.

    > I bet a lot of what he is seeing are driver and arch updates.
    > Such updates really only need to go through his "stupid filter"
    > when it is coming from the maintainer, but it does add up and
    > take up time.

    Obviously. If it's for a maintained subsystem:

    a) if it's from the subsystem maintainer, sanity-check it.
    b) if it's not, dump it or reject with the appropriate notice.

    <> at work, <> in private!
    "Unix gives you enough rope to shoot yourself in the foot." <>

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.023 / U:2.916 seconds]