SubjectRe: Re: Bootdisk minikernel to load full kernel via /linuxrc

> > Hi,
> >
> > How would a /linuxrc look like, if I want a small bootdisk to load
> > a kernel from hdd? It has to boot just like loaded by loadlin or lilo
> > so noone can boot the PC without the disk but I can fiddle around
> > just like "normal"...
> >
> > I'd be happy, if someone could help me.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I want to have all partitions encrypted.
And since there will be some kernel changes later on I don't want to
create a boot disk every time. This means it can't be very big -> no CD-R.

> A) a small filesystem to mount the encrypted filesystems, and then start
> the main system.

How?
Take a std floppy disk and boot a normal system from it... I ran out of
space.

> B) A dual-boot system, booting windows, with a normal kernel simply set to

> boot from the partition linux is installed on.

But why would I encrypt the linux part/haven't lilo installed then?

http://www.gmx.net