SubjectRe: threads & /proc
Hello Anton,

Saturday, November 24, 2001, 8:38:57 AM, you wrote:

I would confirm the problem exists from the first 2.4.x kernels. Also
programs "w","vmstat","snmpd" hangs. It seems to happen both for
UP/SMP kernels. I have seen this only on High Memory (1-2G), therefore
I do not have much low memory machines loaded. The workload seems to
be the thing to affect this - I do not remember any hang on low VM
load system (for example Web Server) therefore it's offen happens
then there are a lot of I/O and swapping goes (i.e Mysql Server).
Often this happens after appearing some of new __order allocation
failed errors.

Other issue which looks like connected to this - a thread hangs in
"D" state forever and it's unable to be killed in this case even
reboot -f does not work.

--
Best regards,
Peter mailto:pz@spylog.ru