SubjectRe: PCMCIA and APM/ACPI issue (xircom card problem)
On Thu, 22 Nov 2001, Dave Airlie wrote:

> > > work..
> >
> > So basically, the problem exists when CONFIG_ACPI=y, right? Can you try to
> > boot the ACPI enabled kernel with acpi=off in the command line?
>
> okay one kernel with ACPI it doesn't work with ACPI off it does ...
> 2.4.15-pre8

If I got this right, "acpi=off" fixes the problem using a kernel which
otherwise shows the problem. If so, this clearly indicates that ACPI is
the culprit, or, more precisely, probably an _INI method which is executed
by the ACPI interpreter at boot time. Can you mail me (privately) a copy
of your DSDT (cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > file), that's a table provided by the
ACPI BIOS.

> > Which exact error do you get from lspci? Does it give the error on both
> > kernels?
>
> lspci without ACPI dumps out:
> pcilib: Cannot open /proc/bus/pci/02/00.1
> lspci: Unable to read 64 bytes of configuration space.
>
> same except 00.1 is 00.7 on the ACPI boot..

That's weird enough, somethings seems wrong with your PCI enumeration.
Can you recompile your kernel with #define DEBUG instead of #undef DEBUG
in drivers/pci/pci.c and arch/i386/kernel/pci-i386.h? Then please send the
boot messages again.

--Kai

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.093 / U:0.136 seconds]