SubjectRe: [VM/MEMORY-SICKNESS] 2.4.15-pre7 kmem_cache_create invalid opcode
Jeff Merkey wrote:

> [...]

This is not true at all. To see what I'm referring to, download the
module build kit from my website (http://people.redhat.com/dledford) and
see how it uses box stock kernel include files from our kernel-source
package to build *all* of the needed modules from one source tree (i386,
i386smp, i386BOOT, i586, i586SMP, i686, i686SMP, i686enterprise).

> There's only
> one source tree (usually the last one they built) and lots of binary rpm
> versions from the
> one tree (i.e. i386, i686, etc.).

If you look in the linux/include/linux/modversions/*.h files, you will
see that the different RPM build package versions have all their symbols
in those files #ifdef'ed so that you get the ones you need to match the
running kernel (or if you trick the rhversion.h file, whichever version
you request, see my Makefile).

> Jeff
>

>>Greetings,
>> Arjan van de Ven
>>

> -

Doug Ledford <dledford@redhat.com> http://people.redhat.com/dledford
Please check my web site for aic7xxx updates/answers before
e-mailing me about problems