    SubjectRe: Multicast Broadcast
    On Wed, 21 Nov 2001 wrote:

    > I have a cluster that I wish to be able to perform a multicast
    > broadcast over two backbones, primary and secondary, simultaneously. The two
    > eth's are bound to the same VIP. When I perform the broadcast, it only goes
    > out on eth0.

    I think you need multicast routing for that to work the way you want it
    to. Flooding multicast traffic between network segments is normally the
    task for multicast routers since you need a routing protocol to prevent
    loops etc. If you send the data on both packets a multicast router
    connected to the two networks would forward a copy each way resulting in
    two packets on both segments.

    Peter Svensson ! Pgp key available by finger, fingerprint:
    <> ! 8A E9 20 98 C1 FF 43 E3 07 FD B9 0A 80 72 70 AF
    Remember, Luke, your source will be with you... always...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.030 / U:8.308 seconds]