SubjectRe: Multicast Broadcast
On Wed, 21 Nov 2001 berthiaume_wayne@emc.com wrote:

> I have a cluster that I wish to be able to perform a multicast
> broadcast over two backbones, primary and secondary, simultaneously. The two
> eth's are bound to the same VIP. When I perform the broadcast, it only goes
> out on eth0.

I think you need multicast routing for that to work the way you want it
to. Flooding multicast traffic between network segments is normally the
task for multicast routers since you need a routing protocol to prevent
loops etc. If you send the data on both packets a multicast router
connected to the two networks would forward a copy each way resulting in
two packets on both segments.

Peter
--
Peter Svensson ! Pgp key available by finger, fingerprint:
<petersv@psv.nu> ! 8A E9 20 98 C1 FF 43 E3 07 FD B9 0A 80 72 70 AF