SubjectRe: [VM/MEMORY-SICKNESS] 2.4.15-pre7 kmem_cache_create invalid opcode
On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 10:22:03PM -0800, David S. Miller wrote:

> Your code is violating one of the assertions in
> kmem_cache_create(), check the BUG(); calls in
> mm/slab.c:kmem_cache_create() to try and figure out
> which one you are firing off.
>
> Probably either you are trying to send it debug flags
> but CONFIG_SLAB_DEBUG is not defined _OR_ you are trying
> to create the same SLAB cache twice (forgetting to destroy
> it on module unload perhaps)?
>
> Slab if fine, it's your code which is busted :)

David,

I need some help here (big surprise). I did nothing other than
download pre7, apply my patch, and do the build. I went back
over how I did the build, and this is the result of the build
if you have unpacked, patched, then run "make oldconfig." If I
do a "make dep" then this problem does not occur, and the build
works fine. If I build the external module (this bug only
shows up when building the external module file system driver,
not the kernel patched version of NWFS).

No. I think the build in linux is broken. The Linux tree should
not generate garbase opcodes from the includes is make dep
has not been run and someone is simply building a module against
the include files.

:-)

Jeff

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.150 / U:0.024 seconds]