SubjectRe: New Power Managment code

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Dave Jones wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, James Simmons wrote:
>
> > I heard Patrick Mochel has already developed the code for a new
> > device/power management syste. So I'm wondering where this code is. I like
> > to intergrate it into my CVS tree. Thanks.
>
> There were some bits at ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/people/mochel last time
> I looked.

That's where it is. The most recent drop is the -1115 patches.

I have some other patches converting drivers to use the new driver model,
and I will push those out soon..

However, that code does not have all the pieces to power management in it.
It simply provides a unified device tree based on locality; the framework
for doing things like system suspend.

The power management transitions live in the most recent ACPI code, which
you can get from Intel:

http://developer.intel.com/technology/IAPC/acpi/index.htm

and is specific to ACPI-enabled platforms.

-pat

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.358 / U:4.964 seconds]