    > From: Dan Hollis <>
    > Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 19:11:56 -0800 (PST)
    > BTW this bug apparently doesnt affect AMD760MP as I am able to use
    > geforce2 with quake and unreal tournament for hours straight without any
    > problems.
    > What is your quake3 com_maxfps set to? By default it is 85, and
    > that can hide the bug. Set it to 130 or something like that.
    > Just bring down the quake3 console (with ') and type
    > /com_maxfps 130
    > Try that for a while.
    > I'm rather sure the AMD761 problems are motherboard vendor
    > independant, because I have 2 systems so far, using totally different
    > AMD761 based motherboards, which both hang pretty reliably with AGP.

    My dual Tyan runs Q3A, UT, and Tribes 2 at over 100fps at times with no problems UNLESS I enable DMA for the IDE drive. Q3a will go above 130fps (map and game
    dependent), UT will go even higher, and Tribes 2 will hit right around 140fps if I'm in a room (any outdoor areas slow WAY down).

    I am running 2.4.9ac10 with a few minor tweaks, agpgart slightly tweaked compiled in, and a tweaked Detonator 3 nVidia driver. I plan to upgrade all these soon
    and see what happens.

    My A7V133 however is crap when it comes to playing games. It's been demoted to straight server duty. :)

    Paul G. Allen
    UNIX Admin II/Programmer
    Akamai Technologies, Inc.
    Work: (858)909-3630

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.040 / U:2.992 seconds]