SubjectRe: [kbuild-devel] CML 1.8.4 is available
Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>:
> The following symbols should be allowed to be set to 'm' but are not:
> CONFIG_USB

That's odd. M shows up as a choice when I do xconfig.

> CONFIG_UHCI
> CONFIG_UHCI_ALT

My error. These are declared bool rather than trit in the 1.8.5 rulebase.
I've just fixed tht.

> If CONFIG_USB_SERIAL is set to 'y' CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_DEBUG should be
> allowed to be chosen. I do not see this happening.

Another rulebase bug, now fixed.

> And why is the CONFIG_USB_SERIAL options in the drivers/usb directory?
> In the CML1 version they live in their own subdirectory quite nicely :)
> Either way they should be in the USB port drivers section, not the "USB
> devices" section of the menu.

Historical reasons. My rulebase was opriginally one big file for editing
conveniece. What directory whould the USB serial stuff live in?

> There doesn't seem to be any rules set up for drivers/hotplug.

What symbols should be in there,

Such are a well regulated militia, composed of the freeholders,
citizen and husbandman, who take up arms to preserve their property,
as individuals, and their rights as freemen.
-- "M.T. Cicero", in a newspaper letter of 1788 touching the "militia"
referred to in the Second Amendment to the Constitution.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.063 / U:6.540 seconds]