SubjectRe: doing a callback from the kernel to userspace
On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 07:27:14PM +0100, Manfred Spraul wrote:
> The latency you talk about is the time required to schedule - there is nothing
> you driver can do to reduce that - syscall, signal or your own code must wait
> until schedule() decides to run your process.
>
> I'd try to
> a) switch your process to realtime priority, mlockall your app.
> b) use the low-latency patches. They were regularly discussed on
> linux-kernel, search through the archives.
i'll definitely hav a look at these patches, thanks

> Are you sure you need 10 to 20 usec? Then a hard realtime with everything
> in kernel is your only option, i.e. rtlinux.
Yes I'm sure and no, I don't think rtlinux is necessary, see my post answering
Richard.

thanks again, maybe the ll-patches and some priority shifting is all I need
_sh_

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.028 / U:9.172 seconds]