    SubjectRe: fdutils.
    On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

    > I believe both, but the important thing is that it's an ATAPI/SCSI
    > implementation, including a soft eject button, and not that horrible
    > legacy floppy crap.

    Hmm, Sun used to have a software-controlled standard floppy drives years

    > That wasn't what kept it from becoming standard, though. The marketing of
    > Zip was a bit too good, but Zip couldn't have displaced the legacy floppy,
    > since it wasn't compatible.

    Based on local obervations hardly anyone uses floppies anymore... They
    are mostly used for system rescue purposes, where the kind of a device
    doesn't really matter.

    + e-mail:, PGP key available +

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.029 / U:3.000 seconds]