SubjectRe: File System Performance

Thank you very much for your response. I would like to know what ever I can
about File Systems that achieve near Raw Disk Transfer Speeds on large file
system modifications. What does the "Orlov allocator" do differently? What
"slow growth" workload? All File Systems I've used have this problem. XFS is
just supposedly high performance. It offers some improvement, but is still
off by a factor of 4.