    SubjectRe: Is ReiserFS stable?
    That all depends on what you mean by "stable". Reiser
    is certainly capable of high uptimes, but Reiser
    doesn't have a good history of working well with older
    UNIX tools/systems like NFS, due to Reiser's newer
    methods for handling inodes and such. If this isn't a
    problem for you, Reiser should work very well for you;
    it works great on my /var partition, which handles my
    Squid proxy. I don't use Reiser on my /home partition
    though; that FS has the user directories exported
    through NFS, as well as Samba. In fact, I use SGI's
    XFS on my /home partition, and that works well too.
    The main advantage to using XFS is that it handles NFS
    _really_ well, and it has certain features Reiser
    doesn't, like extended attributes, and access control
    lists. YMMV, but Reiser seems stable for just that one
    specific duty . . . I'd recommend trying Reiser, JFS,
    XFS, and maybe even Ext3 to get a feel for how stable
    each is for your particular needs. HTH.
    --- Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy@karlsbakk.net> wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > I've heard a lot of talk from all sorts of people
    > about ReiserFS not being
    > stable enough to use in a productional environment
    > where high uptime is
    > essensial.
    >
    > Can someone tell me if this is true?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > roy
    >
    > --
    > Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk, MCSE, MCNE, CLS, LCA
    >
    > Computers are like air conditioners.
    > They stop working when you open Windows.
    >
    > -
    > More majordomo info at

    =====
    Sean P. Elble
    Editor, Writer, Co-Webmaster
    ReactiveLinux.com (Formerly MaximumLinux.org)
    http://www.reactivelinux.com/
    elbles@reactivelinux.com