    SubjectRe: Nazi kernels
    On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 10:35:56PM -0700, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:
    > Since Windows 2000 is being open sourced (according to the latest settlement
    > announcement) why don't you try theirs? Then your servers can get broken
    > into regularly by hackers, infected with W2K viruses, and you even get to
    > reboot them at least 3-4 times per week.

    Oh, but you missed the mark! Think Windows XP. Now there's
    the ticket. If you aren't a Windows XP certified driver, they can
    just wipe your driver right off the face of the system... All in the
    name of "stability" (as they define it). None of this nonsense of
    merely flagging if their OS has a non-sanctified driver like Linux.
    Linux lets the driver load and run, it merely lets people KNOW that
    it's an un-sanctified driver when shit catches fire and burns. You
    know MS. MS thinks Linux is just a bunch of whimps. Screw just letting
    the user know AFTER something burps and burns. That's TOO complicated
    for a user to figure out and MS has to be "user friendly". MS is for
    men with balls (and no brains)... Just burn the driver BEFORE it has
    a chance to run. Yeah! That's the ticket!

    Ooopppsss... Wait a minute. That's what the original poster
    was falsely complaining about Linux. Guess he has a bigger case of
    optical rectitus that was apparent in his original, obvious, troll.

    > :-)

    It would be even funnier if it wasn't so sad...

    > Jeff

    Michael H. Warfield | (770) 985-6132 | mhw@WittsEnd.com
    /\/\|=mhw=|\/\/ | (678) 463-0932 | http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/
    PGP Key: 0xDF1DD471 | possible worlds. A pessimist is sure of it!