    SubjectRe: [RFC-ONT (on topic)] Modprobe enhancement (was Re: "Dance of the Trolls")
    On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 04:49:46PM -0700, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:
    > Anton,
    >
    > This is a great suggestion. You should ping Keith Owens (does he own
    > modutils, I think so) and make it happen. A much desireable change.

    Only if you can turn it off (ie a -[Yy] flag) as I don't really want my
    boot sequence to hang just because I bought a geforce card so that I
    could play my 3d games nice and fast.

    And well, since you may need to turn it off so that your boot sequence
    doesn't hang (and more often then not that's where you'll first install
    the module) then it makes the option rather useless.

    Then there's the autoload feature. Do I really want to have my
    mount /cdrom command hang on me because somewhere something wants to ask
    me a question? Will this all be interfaced with X so that a prompt comes
    up?

    Again, you'd wind up turning it off which makes it less useful still.

    (Unless, ofcourse, I'm missing something)

    --
    CaT "As you can expect it's really affecting my sex life. I can't help
    it. Each time my wife initiates sex, these ejaculating hippos keep