    SubjectRe: Intel EEPro 100 with kernel drivers
    Andrey Savochkin:
    > Well, with eepro100 the start may be the following:
    > 1. When the card stalls, start ping from that host.
    > This way you ensure that you have something in transmit ring.
    > If it's transmitting that stalls, you'll get a message from netdev watchdog.

    >From the server, or the client? I've already tried pinging from the server
    when I get the error-message in dmesg, but it's unresponsive to anything.
    And, I mean anything, network-wise. There seems to be a timeout somewhere,
    because after some time, everything resumes back to normal again.

    > 4. In any case, running eepro100-diag from scyld.com at the moment of the
    > stall may give some useful information.

    OK, I'll do the test again, and run the eepro100-diag. Any special options
    you want me to specify?

    > 5. In any case, searching eepro100 mailing list archive on scyld.com is a
    > good idea, you may learn what other people observe/do.

    OK, I'll search... :)

    --
    Thomas