       From: Pantelis Antoniou <>
    Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 12:35:27 +0300

    If anyone is interested I have already made a perl
    script that produces assembler offsets from structure

    It doesn't need to run native since it reads the
    header files, extract the structures and by using
    objdump calculates the offsets automatically.

    BTW, I assume you have already taken a look at how we
    do this on Sparc64. See arch/sparc64/kernel/
    and the "check_asm" target in arch/sparc64/kernel/Makefile

    It also works in all cross-compilation etc. environments.
    And I bet it would work on every platform with very minimal
    changes, if any.

    Franks a lot,
    David S. Miller

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:04    [W:0.021 / U:7.436 seconds]