SubjectRe: IDE DMA errors [was: Some ext2 errors]

> > But we don't know what is happening with David's system.
>
> Only David can know that - I can only comment on what I experienced
> here, and suggest that he consider that his problem MIGHT be the same.

I've already tested the memory with memtest86 and the disk with badblocks,
and no errors appeared so i think the cause is really the PSU, but unlike
a memory error it doesn't show up very frequently. If i see it more times
i'll replace the power supply with a new one.

> Unfortunately, even PSU's fail given enough time...

Yep, now i know ;)

> > David, let us know what you find...
>
> I'll be interested as well...

I'll let you know if i change my PSU. Thanks both of you for your help

David Gómez

"The question of whether computers can think is just like the question of
whether submarines can swim." -- Edsger W. Dijkstra

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:04    [W:0.078 / U:1.248 seconds]