    SubjectRe: Desperately missing a working "pselect()" or similar...

    On Fri, 5 Oct 2001 wrote:

    > A somewhat bizarre solution would be to have the process create
    > a pipe-pair, select on the reading end, and let the signal-handler
    > write a byte to the pipe - but this has at least the drawback
    > you always spoil one "select-cycle" for each signal you get - as
    > the first return from the select() call happenes without any
    > fds being flagged as readable, only when you enter select() once
    > more the pipe will cause the return and tell you what happened...

    fork() is cheap. Create a child, have a pipe between child and
    parent and do select() on the other end of pipe. I.e. signal handler
    writes into pipe and that triggers select() in the second process.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:04    [W:0.031 / U:1.264 seconds]