SubjectRe: Odd keyboard related crashes.
> I'm running 2.4.10, and the ps/2 keyboard came out of it's socket.

> On plugging back in, all worked fine, until 10 seconds later there was a
> crash. (the keyboard worked after being plugged in)
> No oops, just a reboot.
> Thinking this must just have been a wierd coincidence, after the system
> came back up, I tried it again, and again it crashed a few seconds afterwards.

> It doesn't seem to want to do this again though.

That's not a linux related problem, its a hardware problem.

I have the same thing happen with a Windows 2000 box.
Whenever i plug out the keyboard while the system is running and plugging it in
again, the system reboots.
It's the only system i can reproduce the problem, all other Linux boxes
(whatever kernel is running) run stable when playing with the keyboard.

Thomas

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:04    [W:0.035 / U:1.096 seconds]