    SubjectRe: Desperately missing a working "pselect()" or similar...

    >> A technique I used in a similar situation once went something like:

    >> tv.tv_sec=bignum;
    >> tv.tv_usec = 0;
    >> enable_signals();
    >> select(nfds, &readfds,&writefds,0,&tv);

    >> and have the signal handlers set tv.tv_sec to 0. (tv is a global

    >I've thought about that, but I haven't been able to find any guarantee that
    >there will be no user space futzing around with &tv, like a library wrapper
    >that copies tv to another spot in memory and invokes the syscall with that

    This will commonly happen if, for example, the user-side timeval structure
    contains seconds and microseconds and the kernel-side structure contains
    seconds and nanoseconds. The signal might occur after the library has
    performed the structure conversion.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:04    [W:0.021 / U:114.484 seconds]