SubjectRe: %u-order allocation failed
> On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Rik van Riel wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Seth Mos wrote:
> >
> > > This happens using either 2.4.10-xfs or 2.4.11-pre3-xfs.
> >
> > Ohh duh, IIRC there are a bunch of highmem bugs in
> > -linus which are fixed in -ac.
>
> Fitting XFS onto a -ac kernel should be fun :-(

Its not that that simple - I tried before I got dragged kicking and
screaming back into some Irix stuff. Just running mongo on ext2
on a HIGHMEM ac kernel should show if things are better there - since
the problems seem to be fairly filesystem independent.

Steve

> I will try this over the weekend or get a redhat kernel going which is
> also -ac based. That would come in handy for other people using XFS since
> a lot are using highmem in combination with this fs.
>
> > Can you reproduce the bug with an -ac kernel ?
>
> I am not that good/fast at patching. Expect something over the weekend :-)
>
> Bye
> Seth

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:04    [W:0.133 / U:0.944 seconds]