SubjectRe: how to get virtual address from dma address
From
   From: "BALBIR SINGH" <balbir.singh@wipro.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 15:41:08 +0530

With Rik's reverse mapping patch, wouldn't we have the virtual address for the given
physical address ? I have no clue about how the patch works, somebody willing to explain
it?

Rik's work is for user process PTEs, we're talking about IOMMU PTEs on
PCI controllers used to map the 32-bit PCI address space to the (often
larger) physical address space of main memory.

These two PTE types are totally unrelated.

Franks a lot,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans