SubjectRe: Module Licensing?
Date
> The irrelevance here is IYHO ... it may well be judged that
> since these two portions of the work need each other in order
> to function, the thing really is one work.

a)
vmware for linux needs a linux kernel to work. does that meen
you whant to gpl it?

b)
you can write abstraction modules for different os's. and the
non-gpl module works with all of them. so my module does not
need the linux abstraction module it also works with the free-
BSD module. the only #ifdef in my module will be around the
module registration code. or i write a propriatary loader,
so that even the same binary works for different os's

--
****** It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice ! ******