    SubjectRe: need help interpreting 'free' output.
    Op dinsdag 30 oktober 2001 12:46, schreef Mike Fedyk:
    > Ahh, are you a new convert from a 2.2 kernel?
    > In 2.4 the kernel will swap out much earlier to make room for the running
    > programs, and disk cache.  This is normal.
    > Earlier 2.4 kernels didn't do so well, but I won't go into detail because
    > there is already enough about that in the archives...
    > When you watch vmstat, if you see a lot of swapping traffic without much
    > good reason, then you should probably report something...

    i already use 2.4 for some time. the thing that bugs me is the 'used' figures
    go up, and no processes actually use that memory (not the buffered/cached,
    well, they go up , but thats normal) , so it seems the memory is 'lost'
    somewhere, and i don't see any processes using it up, and 200 meg ram in 70
    seconds is a lot ...
    So or i am misinterpreting something, or i am completely clueless, or there
    is a leak somewhere..

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:12    [W:0.035 / U:2.580 seconds]