SubjectRe: please revert bogus patch to vmscan.c
On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 09:25:46PM -0500, Benjamin LaHaise wrote:
> I fully well expect it to be. However, from the point of view of stability
> we *want* to be conservative and correct. If Al had to demonstrate with

Dave just told you what this change has to do with stability, not sure
why you keep reiterating about stability and correctness.

But of course going from page flush to the mm flush is fine from my part
too. As Linus noted a few days ago during swapout we're going to block
and reschedule all the time, so the range flush is going to be a noop in
real life (the whole thing is an heuristic), and this is why it wasn't
implemented right now. But I agree it shouldn't hurt either and it looks
nicer.

Andrea

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:12    [W:0.100 / U:3.452 seconds]