SubjectRe: no shared memory?
Date
On Mar 30 Oct 2001 09:37, Terry Kendal wrote:
> hello,
>
> after upgrading my computer to newer distro with kernel series 2.4 ive
> found something i have question about
> issuing free or top commands shows 0kb of shared memory
>
> how is that possible ?
> i have apache and mysql running, thought they'd use shared memory?

Use 'ipcs' for searching shared memory and semaphores of aplications.

> i recompiled procps package with no effect
>
> can someone please xplain it to me ?

It seems dificult to calculate the amount of shared memory used, and for what
I know, useless.
Anyway, I heard that Alan Cox's release of 2.4.13 has some code to show the
shared memory used, but only the one used my applications.

Saludos... :-)

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?