Subjectapm suspend broken ?

I read a thread on the mailing list archive about the exact same
problem I am facing now (thread started on Tue Sep 25 2001:
"apm suspend broken in 2.4.10).

I use a Dell latitude C600 and it used to work fine with kernel up
to 2.4.9 (regular kernel from
I upgraded to redhat 7.2 and to kernel 2.4.13+ext3 patches (again
from regular sources), and apm refuses to suspend the beast.

Did someone find a solution for this problem since last thread ?
If no light shined from last thread, I would be happy to help out
on this. I am not a kernel hacker so I guess my help will be limited,
but I do have the hardware ready for testing purposes

(please cc me in replies since I am not subscribed to the list)