SubjectRe: please revert bogus patch to vmscan.c
On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> again from the cache with a minor fault, IMHO there's no way such tlb
> flush removal can make a difference in a DBMS workload on a sanely
> setup machine, I'm amazed you think it can make a difference.

You seem to be hammering on the DBMS scenario because Ben
chose a bad example, without taking a step back and realising
that his point is valid, though mostly with other examples.

Linus came up with a more efficient way to make sure we
get to see (and clear) the accessed bits, lets use that one
and get on with life.

regards,

Rik
--