    SubjectRe: [POT] Which journalised filesystem ?
    On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Rik van Riel wrote:

    > Personally I like ext3 a lot. I've been using it for almost a
    > year now and it has never given me trouble.

    I've similar experiences with ext3, except for one bad instance
    recently when I put it on my laptop. Lots of asserts were triggered,
    and on reboot it couldn't find the journal, the superblock,
    or the backup superblocks. I spent a few hours trying to get data
    back, and eventually gave up and reformatted as ext2.

    Alan mentioned this was something to do with the IBM hard disk
    having strange write-cache properties that confuse ext3.
    I'm not sure if this has been fixed or not yet, but its enough
    to make me think twice about trying it on the vaio for a while.

    regards,

    Dave.