Subjectnfs lockd error message
Date
hi all,
i am getting an error message "portmap: server localhost not responding, timed out" followed by "portmap: makesock failed, error = -5" after I recompiled the kernel with some changes in tcp files under ipv4 dir. the system hangs for minutes and then boots as usual. though i am damn sure that i haven't done any changes to NFS source code, i am still getting this error message. subsequently the system also shows "NFS lockd failed" while shutting down.could anyone of u pls tell me why i am getting this error and how to solve this problem.

kindly CC the suggestion to email address:
prabhakara_r@indiatimes.com

thanks in advance!
Prabhakar.R