SubjectIBM T-23 crashes on resume from suspend, 2.4.12-ac5
When I suspend (apm -s, or system driven suspend), it appears to
work. When I resume, the screen comes back, but the system
appears to be dead to the extent that interrupts are disabled
(i.e. caps lock key has no effect, SysReq+anything does nothing).

Although I'm running X, I'm doing this bit from a normal virtual
console to make things simple.

I have tried various configuration options, including enabling
and disabling ACPI, Plug & Play, and setting APM to call the
BIOS with interrupts either enabled (seems to be recommended
for 'later IBM laptops' or disabled). And indeed disabling
APM support totally (I think I got it to work, once, using
this, but couldn't repeat it).

Any ideas?

.config file (one iteration thereof) can be found at:
http://www.alex.org.uk/T23/dot-config-2.4.12-ac5

lspci output can be found at:
http://www.alex.org.uk/T23/lspci.txt

--