    SubjectRe: priority queues on dp83820
    Date
    ok it's me again. i got how priority queuing works. and
    this is quite strange for the moment. when using 2 or 3
    queues everything works like said in the docu. with 4
    queues it gets wired. blow there's a list where the
    different user priorities in the VTID go:

    2 queues:
    ---------
    queue 0: priorities: 0, 1, 2, 3, untagged framges
    queue 1: priorities: 4, 5, 6, 7

    3 queues:
    ---------
    queue 0: priorities: 0, 1, 2, 3, untagged framges
    queue 1: priorities: 4, 5
    queue 2: priorities: 6, 7

    4 queues:
    ---------
    queue 0: priorities: 1, 2
    queue 1: priorities: 0, 3, untagged framges
    queue 2: priorities: 4, 5
    queue 3: priorities: 6, 7

    the step from 3 to 4 queues is quite amuseing.

    chris

    On Friday 26 October 2001 22:27, Christian Widmer wrote:
    > ok for everybody how's also's working with the dp83820 i've
    > somp partial results.
    >
    > i disabled priority queuing for the moment and started
    > debuging the vlan-tag stuff.
    >
    > at the moment it seams that:
    > it looks like that the 83820 inserts the vlan tag corretly
    > and callculates CRC. on the receiving side it detects the
    > vlan-tag. but don't run with the idea that you may ask for
    > automaticaly strip of the vlantag again. if you try the
    > 83820 gets confused with its own calculated CRC. when
    > calculating CRC it must include the vlan tag on one side
    > exclude it on the other side.
    >
    > how this works with priority queueing ?
    >
    > //chris
    >
    > On Friday 26 October 2001 16:01, Christian Widmer wrote:
    > > has anybody try to use the priority queues of the dp83820?
    > > or does somebody know where to get docu knewer then the
    > > preliminary form february 2001?
    > >
    > > i wrote a driver for the dp83820. now i tried to use
    > > priority queuing for prescheduled zero copy datastreans.
    > > first i just whanted enable priority queueing without
    > > inserting of any vlan tag. this works for 1 to 3 queues
    > > like it sais in the docu (untagged packets are queued
    > > like packets with priority 0). but when i enable the 4th
    > > queue i receive all none tagged data on queue 1 instead
    > > of queue 0. and if i enalbe vlan-tagging globaly or on
    > > a per packet basis i don't get any interrupts on the
    > > receiving side. has anybody an idea whats going on. if
    > > you need the code to have a lock at - let me know, i
    > > realy need some help.
    > >
    > > chris
    > >
    > > -
    > > To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel"
    > > in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
    >
    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:11    [W:4.064 / U:0.004 seconds]