SubjectLooking for bsd file system tools under linux .

Hello All , I am looking for pointers to bsd file system tools
for use under Linux . A couple of searchs left me empty .
I am hoping someone here has a pointer or two .
What this is for is , I have a disk drive off of a bsd4.2 system
that may have been used in a penetration of another system .
The fstab file points at there having been a /var file system but
when I do a 'fdisk -l' a partition for /var does not exist . Only
two partitions are there for / & /usr . I am looking for some
tools to see if the partiton was removed or if 'parted' may have
been been used to squeese it out . Thank you for any pointers .
JimL