SubjectRe: [RFC] New Driver Model for 2.5
Date

>I don't think it is a big problem. We can add virtual nodes. They way I
>see it we either
> a) put in grungy subsystem hacks
> b) register virtual device nodes for subsystems when needed
>
>b feels cleaner

Ok, provided that there is not one big "SCSI subsystem" virtual node,
that would screw up the entire dep. hierarchy, but rather virtual nodes
created by SCSI "clients" on the fly as childs of their devices. That
looks fine to me ;)

An example would be:

* SCSI host

* SCSI disk device

* "sd" node

In this case, "sg" could add itself when opened, and eventually cause
sleep requests to be rejected for example.

Well, in fact, I don't think there is real need for the "SCSI disk device"
node, but that depends pretty much on the new SCSI architecture.

Ben.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:10    [W:0.214 / U:0.016 seconds]