SubjectRe: 2.4.13: some compilerwarnings...
On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 08:07:42PM +0200, Dave Jones wrote:
[ About md5sum warnings about incorrect md5sum's ]
> Been there for a while, and should be harmless.
> If you really cared, you could add the new md5sums to the script
> that does the checking.

Can't do that. Those md5sum's are there for a reason.

In $LINUXSOURCE/Documentation/isdn/HiSax.cert :

[...]
If you change the main files of the HiSax ISDN stack, the certification
will become invalid. Because in most countries it is illegal to connect
unapproved ISDN equipment to the public network, I have to guarantee that
changes in HiSax do not affect the certification.

In order to make a valid certification apparent to the user, I have built
in some validation checks that are made during the make process. The HiSax
main files are protected by md5 checksums and the md5sum file is pgp
signed by myself:
[...]

Sven Vermeulen
--
I develop for Linux for a living, I used to develop for DOS. Going from
DOS to Linux is like trading a glider for an F117. ~(Lawrence Foard)