    SubjectRe: 2.4.13-pre6 breaks Nvidia's kernel module
    > with his current version of windows. Admittedly, some may not consider this a
    > feature, but I think a lot do. Why should a 'stable' kernel series break
    > existing drivers?

    It probably shouldn't but we cant tell where the problem lies in a lump of
    binary code.

    > > I really doubt Nvidia will open their driver code. I've heard them explain
    > > some of the reasons they don't and in part they make complete sense.
    >
    > Microsoft deals with companies that won't always give them access to the drivers
    > directly, but often they will tell users workarounds, or at least attempt to
    > gather enough knowledge since they are tehnically the OS vendor to give to the
    > driver provider to fix the problem. If you are the OS provider, and a change you
    > make breaks user drivers/programs generally I think it's a polite gesture to at
    > least attempt to find out what's going on and then pass that information on to
    > the people who can properly handle it...

    If Nvidia would like to pay me as much as Microsoft is paid for driver
    certification then I might be able to find the time

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:10    [W:0.025 / U:2.568 seconds]