SubjectRe: Linux 2.2.20pre10
On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 06:59:19PM -0700, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 07:32:11PM -0200, Rik van Riel wrote:
> > We're working on implementing access control for
> > thefreeworld.net so the classified content won't
> > be available for citizens and inhabitants of the
> > USA.
>
> And how are you going to do that? Challenge/response ("How do you say
> hello in Dutch?")?
>
> IP-based restrictions will not work. I have shell accounts in Europe
> that can serve as SSH tunnels. If I use one of these, you will still
> be liable.

Now, as near as I can tell, he didn't make them available to you and put
up protections against your acquring information you should not have. It
does not matter if they're pissweak as rot13 or not...

As such any getting around them (either by lieing in answer to a
question of 'Are you an American?' or whatever) would be circumvention
of his digital protection mechanisms and as such your actions would be
punishable under the DMCA, would they not?

This means you can go to gaol without the $200...

(Unless I've misunderstood something)

--
CaT "As you can expect it's really affecting my sex life. I can't help
it. Each time my wife initiates sex, these ejaculating hippos keep