    SubjectRe: Linux 2.2.20pre10
    David Ford wrote:

    > I assume since you are using Sklyarov as an example that you fully
    > intend to prevent Linus from getting such information as well?
    >
    > This reaction is ludicrous.
    >
    > Instead of helping US people, now the US people are fighting both US
    > politicians and their own camp of code developers.

    And there is the real danger of terrorism. Someone once wrote a book
    (called "The Art of War") that describes it. It's the realm of "divide
    and conquer". It brings a lot of people together to finally agree on
    things when they wouldn't even talk to each other. But it also brings
    together the "bad" things. These laws are dangerous because they add to
    the terrorist concept of divide and conquer, only now we're sponsoring
    it against ourselves, and companies like Disney and much of the
    entertainment industry finds it profitable to join the momentum, it's
    profitable for them.

    D. Stimits, stimits@idcomm.com

    > David
    >
    > Alan Cox wrote:
    >
    > >>Putting pressure on US people to have them influence their
    > >>legislation? Aka. every people have the rulers they deserve? Won't work
    > >>out.
    > >>

    > > "Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after
    > > they have rebelled they cannot become conscious."
    > >
    > >>Seriously, are you kidding?
    > >>

    > >The current interpretation of the DMCA is as lunatic as it sounds. With luck
    > >the Sklyarov case will see that overturned on constitutional grounds. Until
    > >then US citizens will have to guess about security issues.
    > >
    > >Alan
    > >

    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:10    [W:4.112 / U:0.064 seconds]