SubjectRe: Linux 2.2.20pre10
On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 05:45:02PM -0500, Steven Walter wrote:

> > > While I've been generally saddened by Alan Cox's and others
> > > anti-America attitude, I am somewhat surprised to find that
> > > Alan believes the US bombing of Afghanistan is justified and so
> > > is the collateral damage as they call it.
> >
> > That quote is rather older than the US bombing of Afghanistan. You read
> > totally inappropriate things into it.
>
> Certainly, it is not. This statement applies to Afghanistan, in that
> the fact that they have not rebelled means they imply consent to
> everything their government does, and therefore are just as guilty as
> the Taliban. Therefore, killing civilians (collateral damage) is no
> worse than killing terrorists or Taliban officials. This is a stance I
> can easily subscribe to, not just with Afghanistan but with any people,
> nation, state, or country.

And how is someone from a forien country going to see just how much or how
little you have rebelled against the DMCA? We allowed the law to be passed
so now we should take the blame?

Like some have already said, we have politicians that promise one thing, and
do whatever the hell they want after they're in office. It depends on how
much they stick to their promisses when comes election time in 2-4 years
that determines wheather they stay there...

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:08    [W:0.101 / U:0.096 seconds]