    SubjectRe: Linux 2.2.20pre10

    On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 01:29:14PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
    > "Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after
    > they have rebelled they cannot become conscious."

    While I've been generally saddened by Alan Cox's and others
    anti-America attitude, I am somewhat surprised to find that
    Alan believes the US bombing of Afghanistan is justified and so
    is the collateral damage as they call it.

    Alan's point being that a population of a State can't be innocent
    of the actions of their government, something, by the way, with
    which I disagree.

    Strange though, while the US has delivered hundreds of millions of US
    dollars in aid to Afghanistan both before and after 9/11, Alan would
    deny US citizens some of the tools with which to change things at home.

    Alan asks us to rebel, but then denies us at least some of the
    avenues we might take. Others claiming for him that he doesn't
    want to risk jail. What if every aid worker in Afghanistan
    and elsewhere around the world had the same attitude?

    --
    Brian Litzinger <brian@worldcontrol.com>

    Copyright (c) 2001 By Brian Litzinger, All Rights Reserved