SubjectRe: Linux 2.2.20pre10
Date
> Speaking as a US citizen, I hope that someone outside the US will grab
that info
> as soon as it's available and make it accessible to everyone. (Not that I
need
> it myself -- I have no interest in 2.2.20 -- but I like to see crap
legislation
> like the DMCA subverted wherever possible.)

Agreed, and it's exactly what we need to do. Laws like these are much
easier to overturn when they start making criminals out of everyday,
ordinary people for just doing their normal jobs. Suddenly even dumb judges
and, especially, elected officials, get the idea because the pressure gets
put on by everyone.

Of course, I still think this is an extremeist view of the DMCA. I don't
see were it keeps you from posting information about security fixes to your
own code, just not other peoples products.

Later,
Tom

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:08    [W:0.055 / U:0.456 seconds]