    SubjectRe: USB stability - possibly printer related
    I've heard others (Alan Cox?) say that the USB subsystem was not
    entirely MP safe. I saw similar problems with my SMP system. Usually,
    it'd lock just after printing a few lines. If I let the system sit for
    a while without rebooting, it'd start printing "random" parts of files.
    (I'm guessing that these parts are not random at all, but I don't know
    how they relate... maybe location on disk..? Anyway...) My guess is
    that some pointer to the location of the data to send to the printer
    gets mucked with and it sends the kernel off to never-never land... Just
    a guess as I've gone back to a UP system.